As I told you many times before, I suffer from mild acne. Acne Vulgaris - A skin condition that occurs when hair follicles plug with oil and dead skin cells. Acne is the most common skin condition in the Western world.
Aside from Acne Vulgaris, did you know that Eczema, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Melasma, Plaque Psoriasis, and Rosacea are all very common adult skin conditions? They can be embarrassing and irritating at times, however, they are all manageable.
Check out the infographic below that details these five common adult skincare issues, their causes and how to treat them.
- Eczema - A general term that describes inflammation of the skin.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis - A skin condition that causes scaly patches and red skin, mainly on the scalp.
- Melasma - A condition in which brown patches appear on the face.
- Plaque Psoriasis - A condition in which skin cells build up and form scales and itchy, dry patches.
- Rosacea - A condition that causes redness and often small, red, pus-filled bumps on the face.
"5 Common Adult Skincare Issues & How to Treat Them" on Health Perch
I hope you find this helpful!