In yesterday's post I talked about Acne Awareness Month and I also gave 12 tips that can help you manage your acne. You can read the post here.
Today I want to give you some acne facts that can help you deal with your acne.
Who Gets Acne?
Acne is the most common skin disease. People of all races and ages get acne. But it is most common in teenagers and young adults. An estimated 80 percent of all people between the ages of 11 and 30 have acne outbreaks at some point. Some people in their forties and fifties still get acne.
What Causes Acne?
Acne is a clogged pore. Therefore, acne is caused by:
- a pore’s opening being blocked,
- excess production of sebum (the substance in the pores), or
- a combination of both factors.
- The hormone increase in teenage years
- Hormone changes during pregnancy
- Heredity (if your parents had acne, you might get it, too)
- Some types of medicine
- Some skincare, make-up and hair products (acne cosmetica).
Remember, acne can and should be treated, but there is . Preventing acne from forming is the best way to control it.
Do you suffer from acne too? How do you treat it? Do you have any tips you want to share? Leave a comment below!
Have an awesome day!