Today I want to share with you my all-natural dry shampoo recipe. Dry shampoo
- Arrowroot powder
- Corn flour (cornstarch)
- Cocoa powder (optional - for dark hair)
- Essential oil
- Combine 2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder and 2 tablespoons of corn flour.
- Optional - Add in 2-4 tablespoons cocoa powder for dark hair.
- Add 6-10 drops of essential oil.
- Mix thoroughly.
- With a large make-up brush dust the powder on your roots, especially in the areas that tend to get oilier.
- Use your fingers to distribute the powder.
- Comb/Brush the excess powder out of your hair.
If you have curly hair massage the powder onto you scalp and do not brush your hair!
When to use:
- After a workout.
- On second or third day hair (between washes).
- On clean hair for extra volume!
When used properly, not only does dry shampoo remove excess oil from your hair, it also adds texture and volume to your locks. Dry shampoo is the perfect hair pick-me-up
- Use organic ingredients if possible.
- Feel free to use any kind of essential oil you like.
Will you be making your DIY all-natural shampoo? Let me know in the comment section below!