Many deodorants and antiperspirants, including those labelled as "natural", contain a long list of chemicals that are not-so-healthy, including some that are potentially connected to breast cancer.
If you read my March favourites, you know that I raved about Nivea Deodorant Pure & Natural Action, which is aluminium-free. Still, aluminium-free doesn't mean 100% natural and chemical-free and this is why I wanted to try a DIY recipe! Here it is...
You will need:
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Shea butter
- 3 tbsp of baking soda
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 6-10 drops essential oil/s of your choice
- a glass gar or a deodorant container
- Melt the coconut oil and Shea butter on a stove top burner.
- Once melted remove form heat.
- Mix in the baking soda and arrowroot powder (this is one of the ingredients I use in my DIY translucent powder!).
- Add the essential oil/s of your choice.
- Let the mixture cool for a little while, then pour it into the glass gar or deodorant container.
The last step reminds me of the DIY: Blemish killer stick; that time I used a lip balm tube! :)
- You can reuse an old deodorant container or you can even buy some from Amazon or eBay.
- Keep the deodorant in the fridge, especially during the hot Summer months!
I hope you like my recipe. Have you ever used a natural deodorant? If you have a different recipe, let me know, I love trying out new stuff!