Do you remember the banana peel skincare post? Back in August of 2012 a wrote about how bananas can help acne, psoriasis, warts and poison ivy.
Bananas are a very rich source of potassium and vitamins, which also make them the perfect choice for a DIY hair mask.
This mask is very easy to prepare, all you need is one or two ingredients.
- 1 banana (the riper, the better)
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- Blend banana in a food processor, making sure there aren't any chunks.
- Add honey (optional)
- Apply the mixture to your hair, and cover it with a shower cap or plastic bag. (more info: At-home deep-conditioning hair treatment)
- To lock in the nutrients, wrap a hot towel around your head.
- Wait 20 minutes.
- Shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
- You can also add olive oil or a tablespoon of conditioner.
- Use once a week for best results.
- Ideal for thin and damaged hair.
Have you ever tried one of these hair masks? Do you make any of your own hair masks at home? Leave a comment and let me know!
Photo from here.