Today's post is about one of the oldest tricks used by make-up artists. It gives you an intense smudge and it’s super easy.
Warming the eyeliner pencil makes it more malleable and easier to use, and the slightly softened tip won’t drag on skin but will give a smooth, intense line!
You will need:
- an eyeliner pencil.
- an open flame (a lighter / a match / a candle.)
- To soften it, hold the tip of the pencil in the flame for one or two seconds.
- Wait 15 seconds for the pencil to cool down.
- Roll it a little on the back of your hand to mould and keep the tip pointed.
- Applying almost immediately (provided it’s cool enough) will give the most intense, smudgeable line.
Other ways of warming pencil liners include; rubbing the pencil between your fingertips, drawing it across the back of your hand, blasting it with a hair-dryer, or leaving it on top of a radiator.
Is lighting your liner something you've tried, or would be tempted to try? Tell me in the comments below!
Photo from here.