In the previous post I showed you how to cleanse your make-up brushes daily. I also gave you a simple recipe for a DIY daily brush spray cleaner. This post is about weekly deep brush cleansing!
Once a week, take some time to use a brush cleaner to deep clean and condition your brushes! No need to spend a lot of money on a brush cleanser, just follow these simple steps to make your very own natural purifying brush cleanser!
You will need:
- 2 parts antibacterial liquid hand wash
- 1 part olive oil
- Mix antibacterial liquid hand wash, olive oil and a little bit of water on a plate.
- Gently swish brush bristles around on plate.
- Take brush under running water (always have brush pointing down) and further work up lather.
- Rinse well with water and gently squeeze excess water out without pulling bristles.
- Air dry with bristles pointing down - you don’t want the water to loosen the glue holding the brush together.
Take these steps to clean your brushes will not only extend the life and quality of your brushes, it’ll help prevent unwanted blemishes and breakouts.