Today I have some brush cleaning tips for you. You cleanse your face morning and night daily, but how often do you wash your make-up brushes?
Our brushes collect all sorts of dirt including dust, make-up, oil and bacteria. If you don’t clean your brushes on a daily basis, all that dirt is being transferred to your face along with your make-up! Here are a few steps you can take to make sure you keep your brushes, and your skin, clean!
Take a make-up remover wipe or an antibacterial hand wipe to lightly clean your brush. Gently swipe your brushes back and forth on the wipes to clean after each use. Or you can use this DIY daily brush spray cleaner.
You will need:
- alcohol (aka surgical spirit)
- distilled water
- lavender essential oil
- spray bottle
- Pour the alcohol and water into a clean spray bottle, I dilute mine about 2 parts alcohol and 1 part water.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil, this will help reduce the alcohol smell and also help condition the brushes.
- Spray it onto a tissue or directly onto brush bristles.
- Gently wipe brush onto a tissue to remove make-up.
- Let brush air dry - no need to rinse.
For deep cleansing, use this DIY purifying brush cleanser once a week.
Remember, cleansing your brushes prolongs their life!