After a long hiatus, I'm back with another natural DIY beauty recipe.
Watermelon isn't just a sweet summer treat; it makes a great ingredient for a DIY toner too.
Watermelon can be used both internally and externally for its beauty benefits. It can benefit both the skin and the whole body with its vitamins and nutrients. Watermelon can act as an exfoliant and will cleanse and tone your skin as well. Watermelons could just be nature's perfect skin care product.
- ½ cup watermelon
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 1 tablespoon distilled water
- Blend the watermelon in a food processor or blender (including seeds), until smooth.
- Pour the watermelon puree in a bowl, add the witch hazel and water, and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a clean container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Before applying the watermelon toner to your face, first test it on your inner arm.
- Pull your hair away from your face, wash and pat dry your face.
- Soak a cotton ball/pad with the toner and apply to your face.
- Allow the toner to stay on your face for a few minutes, rinse and moisturise as usual.
- The toner should last for about a week stored in your refrigerator.
If you try this DIY toner, leave a comment below. I would love to know your opinion!
Photo from here.