When it comes to healthy skin, you should try to stay away from chemicals and artificial colours, which unfortunately are found in most cosmetics.
Spinach is packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, manganese, zinc and selenium.
The vitamins and antioxidants in the spinach mask will strengthen your skin. Spinach provides oxygen to the blood cells; this will improve your circulation, giving your skin a nice healthy glow.
This spinach mask is gentle enough to be used on sensitive skin.
- 4-5 spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon almond oil (optional) Almond oil is rich in vitamins A, B, and E and can help reduce dark eye circles.
- Wash the spinach leaves carefully; let them dry before putting them in the blender.
- Put all the spinach in the blender and blend until the consistency is mostly smoothed.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil into the honey and mix them together.
- Add the honey and olive oil mixture to the spinach, and blend them together for a few seconds.
- Apply the mask to dry skin. Let it sit for 20 minutes, then wash it off and pat dry.
You can refrigerate the mixture for up to 3 days. Don’t keep it longer than that.
Try out this mask and let me know whether it works for you too.
Photo from here.