Those who follow me on Twitter or Like the blog’s Facebook page already know that today’s post is another DIY beauty recipe!
Do you know how to make a carrot facial mask? Carrots are rich in vitamin A and anti-oxidants. Consuming carrots daily will promote healthy hair, bones, finger nails, and vision. This mask can help prevent wrinkles, balance out oily skin and treat acne.
- 1 large carrot
- ½ tbsp. honey
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- Peel one large carrot and steam until tender. Do not overcook carrots; they will lose their health benefits. Mash the carrot with a fork or masher until it's a creamy consistency.
- Mix in ½ a tablespoon of honey (read Honey face for more info. about honey) and ½ a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Olive oil helps nourish and clean the skin at the same time, leaving your skin supple and glowing.
- If the mixture is too thick, you can add in more extra virgin olive oil or water to thin it out. You can add more honey to the mix to give it a thicker texture.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Apply the carrot mask onto a clean face. Leave it on for 15 -20 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water. Pat dry and apply your favourite moisturiser.
Store any leftover mask in the refrigerator and use within a week.
Check out more DIY facial masks
Photo from here.