All you need for a deep-conditioning hair treatment is;
- a plastic shower cap (or even a plastic bag)
- a hair mask (or your favourite conditioner)
Hair masks are an effective way to restore moisture to your hair. You could buy your mask from a store or you could also make it at home. You could also use your favourite conditioner instead.
How to get the most out of your hair mask:
- Choose a mask according to your hair's need.
- Shampoo and detangle your hair.
- Don't use a conditioner after shampooing and before applying the mask.
- Remove excess water from wet hair before application.
- Use a generous amount and concentrate on the ends.
- Apply on the entire length.
- Wrap your hair up in a shower cap while the mask works its magic. The heat from your scalp amplifies the mask’s effect.
- Note: You should use your hair mask as directed in the instructions. Certain ingredients used in hair masks could damage your hair if left on for too long.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water. As always, finish off with a cool rinse.
Do you use any hair masks? Do you have any requests for future DIY hair mask recipes? Leave a comment and let me know!