Today’s post is about my favourite multi-purpose product: baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)!
Here are some of my favourite baking soda beauty tips…
Skin care tips:
- In the palm of your hand, mix some baking soda with your facial cleanser to make a gentle exfoliant (and make-up remover). Read this post for more information: Scrub you face with sodium bicarbonate!
- This can also be used for rough skin on elbows and feet. Make a thick paste with baking soda and water (about 3:1) and scrub away.
- Baking soda in a warm bath not only softens the skin, it may also help with body acne and eczema.
- Mix some baking soda to your shampoo to remove product buildup.
- Remove product and oil buildup by soaking your combs and brushes in a bowl of warm water with about 3 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Scrubbing your nails with a nailbrush dipped in baking soda will soften cuticles.
- Brush your teeth with a past of baking soda and water. This will clean and polish/whiten your teeth!
- Add half a teaspoon of baking soda to half a glass of water, and use it to gargle. Baking soda neutralises the odors in your mouth (bad breath). Benefits of this mouthwash:
· no harsh chemicals
· no strong taste
Do you have any other beauty tips that include baking soda? I’d love to know!
Photo from here.