Today, women are increasingly opting for epilation and laser hair removal. However, shaving remains the most popular form of hair removal.
Here are some shaving tips and tricks:
- Do not shave dry skin. Shaving is a natural exfoliator and if you shave dry skin, you risk clogging up the razor with dead skin. This may result in nicks, ingrown hair and razor burns.
- Only use shaving cream recommended for women, not soap! Leave the shaving cream on for 3-4 minutes to soften up the hair.
- Experiment with razors until you find the perfect one for you. Look for a razor with lubricated strips, pivoting heads and multiple blades.
- Be sure to change razors or cartridges on a regular basis; a dull blade can lead to nicks and irritation.
- Be sure to exfoliate your skin before shaving. This gets rid of dead skin cells, allowing a closer shave. There are several ways to exfoliate.
- Since your leg hairs grow down, start at your ankles and shave up. For your underarms, shave in every direction since the hair there grows in at different angles.
- When finished shaving; rinse, pad dry and apply moisturiser.
- Ingrown hairs are caused when the hairs curl back under the skin. Avoid ingrown hairs by exfoliating daily. Read this post for more information: Removing and preventing ingrown hair
- If you have coarse hair, consider waxing or sugaring. You'll find that in time, hair won't grow back as fast. Read this post for more information: Sugaring vs. Waxing
Hope you found this post useful!
Do you enjoy this blog? Subscribe/Follow so you won't miss a single post!
Photo from here.