Recently I re-discovered a natural acne treatment I used years ago, but for some reason I stopped using. I used to treat my acne with sea salt. Yes, sea salt.
Sea salt helps destroy the bacteria that lead to acne while also calming overactive oil production.
Use sea salt for treating acne because regular table salt can irritate your skin. Table salt is heavily processed to eliminate minerals and usually contains an additive to prevent clumping. Sea salt contains beneficial minerals including; zinc, iodine, calcium, sulfur, potassium and magnesium. These minerals will cleanse and nourish your skin, reduce inflammation, and heal skin tissue.
There are a few different ways to use sea salt. I do not suggest using sea salt as a toner or scrub because those methods tend to irritate and dry the skin.
These are the methods I use…
- Wash your face.
- Warm a cup of distilled water.
- Add about one tablespoon of sea salt, stirring until it dissolves.
- Soak a wash-cloth in the salt water solution and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Lay the wash-cloth on your face and relax.
- Keep the wash-cloth applied to the acne for at least five minutes.
Sea salt steam
Add one or two tablespoons of sea salt to your facial steam (using the bowl and hot water method). For instructions check out Facial sauna.