I'm currently testing out some DIY natural hair masks.a recipe for a nourishing hair mask, ideal for restoring damaged hair. This hair mask is 100% natural!
- 4 tablespoons of pure honey
- a small cup of fresh milk
- a small cup of yoghurt/Greek yoghurt
The benefits of milk for your hair:
The proteins and lipids in milk strengthen hair, whereas the calcium promotes hair growth and helps prevent hair loss. Furthermore, milk contains other nutrients like vitamins A, B6, biotin and potassium, which work to keep hair soft and shiny.
The benefits of honey for your hair:
Honey is an all natural substance that benefits your skin and hair. It adds moisture to the hair and makes the hair more manageable.
- Mix fresh milk and yoghurt in a bowl.
- Pour the pure honey into the mixture and blend well.
- Let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes; this allows the ingredients to amalgamate.
- Apply the mixture from roots to tips onto clean, towel-dried hair.
- Massage the scalp; this allows your hair to fully absorb all the nutrients.
- Wrap your hair in a warm towel.
- Let the hair mask sit in your hair for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse the mixture out with warm water.
- Shampoo and condition as usual.