My favourite gift this Christmas was a facial sauna. For those of you who don’t know what it is, it’s basically a facial steamer you can use at home.
The benefits of facial steaming:
- Deep skin cleansing.
- Softens the skin and removes blackheads, dead skin cells and pollution.
- Boosts blood circulation, which is essential for the reproduction of new cells.
- Can reduce acne.
- Unclogs stuffed sinuses.
You don’t need a facial sauna equipment to give yourself a steam facial at home. Follow these instructions to safely steam you face at home, using a bowl and hot water.
· Pull your hair away from your face.
· Wash your face with a mild cleanser, and rinse well.
· Put 5 cups of distilled water into a large pot and bring to a boil.
· Transfer the hot water to a large glass bowl.
· Place your face over the bowl of steaming hot water.
· Cover your head with a towel. If at any point you feel the steam is too hot on your skin, move your face farther away from the water.
· Stay over the steam for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the steam cools.
· Wash your face with the cleanser of your choice, and then rinse with lukewarm water.
· Final rinse your face with cool water.
· Pat dry with a clean towel.
Be careful not to burn your face with the steam. Stay as close to the steam, as it’s comfortable for you. Remember, steaming should be a relaxing experience, not a torture!
I use my facial sauna once or twice a week and I love the way it makes my skin glow! Facial steaming can be beneficial to all skin types; however I suggest reducing the frequency of steaming if you have very sensitive or very dry skin. In that case, try steaming once every two weeks.
So, tell me what are your opinions on facial steaming?